Branch information and events
Range Days are held on the second Saturday of the month, except September when it will be the first Saturday.
2017 Event diary
|11 March||Range Day and AGM, Euston - Range Day 9am-3pm, AGM 3pm|
Branch AGM - 11th March 2017
Dear Branch Member,
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the East Anglia Branch of the British Deer Society will be held following the March Range Day at Euston on Saturday 11th March 2017 at approximately 3 pm the range is off the A1088 between Fakenham Magna and Euston, on the left hand side heading north; there will be a BDS sign opposite the entrance. The most appropriate postcode for those using a satnav device is IP24 2QP.
1. To receive apologies for absence
2. To confirm the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 12th March 2016 at The Dun Cow Public House, Up Street, Bardwell, Bury St Edmunds IP31 1AA
3. To consider any matters arising from those Minutes
4. To receive the Chairman’s report
5. To receive the Treasurer’s report and to consider acceptance of the Branch accounts for 2016 these will be available at the meeting.
6. To elect a Chairman for the forthcoming year
7. To elect a Vice Chairman for the forthcoming year
8. To elect a Secretary for the forthcoming year
9. To elect a Treasurer for the forthcoming year
10. To elect Committee members for the forthcoming year
11. To consider and deal with any other business
The current Officers and Committee of the East Anglia Branch are as follows:
Chairman: Nick Rout
Vice Chair: William Gardiner
Secretary: Pete Ansbro (acting)(co-opted during 2016)
Treasurer: Roger Benson
Committee: Keith Graham (Range/Training Officer), Colin Barter, Mark Thackstone, Stuart Goode, Chris Rogers, Leigh Welch, and Chris Brooks, also Jonathon Tunmore and Adam Snare (co-opted during 2016).
All of the above except Chris Brookes have indicated their willingness to stand for re-election and serve for a further twelve months. Other nominations (supported by a proposer and seconder) to be submitted in writing please, to the Branch Chairman by 4 March 2017.
We are having this years AGM straight after the March Range Day, this is for members who don't normally come to a range day to come to the range and experience what we do.
The range will be in use all day, from 09.00 until 15.00 The entrance to the range is off the A1088 between Fakenham Magna and Euston, on the left hand side heading north; there will be a BDS sign opposite the entrance. The most appropriate postcode for those using a satnav device is IP24 2QP.
If you feel like bringing your rifle keep a look out for the Range notice email.
E-mail addresses needed
E-mail is the most cost-effective way of communicating, and will save the branch (and therefore BDS) money, which can be put to better use. Although we already have around 300 members’ e-mail addresses, there are 800 or so members in the branch. If you wish to be informed of forthcoming branch activities, please send your e-mail address to the Branch Secretary.