October 2018 - Deer Management Course, Hampshire - 15/10/2018 - Book now!
March 2019 - Deer Management Course, Morayshire - 13/03/2019 - Book now!
• Need to fast track your revision progress before taking a DSC1 assessment?
• Short on time?
• Or just wanting to prepare for DSC1 at your own pace?
Access to online training at a time to suit you just couldn’t be easier.
• Ultimate Deer Data (UDD) provides comprehensive information on all 5 assessments
• 19 interactive quizzes and 5 deer ID tests can be repeated until you are answering correctly and with confidence
• UDD is also a brilliant resource for anyone needing to increase their knowledge of British deer and their management
Society President Sir Michael Strang-Steel presented Philip Mackenzie with a silver stag statuette on behalf of the Society at the recent Highland Fieldsports Fair, Moy. Philip had served as a Trustee Director on the Board and acted as BDS Treasurer for eight years before standing down at the AGM in May.
Congratulations to Richard Holden from Bath who is the lucky winner of the Bushnell Trophy Xtreme X50 Binoculars with ticket number 59.
All BDS members who showed their current membership card to staff on the BDS stand at The Game Fair last weekend were entered into the free draw, so thank you for taking part. For your chance to win next year don’t forget to visit our stand and bring your card along. We always look forward to seeing you.
The Elveden Estate extends to 22,500 acres. Home to populations of Red, Roe, Fallow and Muntjac deer, it has an exciting opportunity for a recently qualified deer stalker who has already gained some experience of looking after paying clients. This is a temporary position for a fixed initial term of 12 months offering a competitive remuneration package together with accommodation on the Estate.
Further Information is available from the Forestry & Conservation Manager, Guy Warren t:01842 890423 e:email@example.com
19th October 2018 - DSC1 Chippenham, Cambridgeshire - Book now
8th December 2018 - DSC1 Epping, Essex - Book now
Why not pay a visit to our stand to find out what the BDS Highlands Branch is up to and what membership we can offer you.
Also on our stand:
• Justin Prigmore – internationally renowned wildlife artist and local to Strathspey
• Neil McIntyre – award winning Highland wildlife photographer (Friday only)
• Expert advice and information packs about British wild deer, suitable for all ages
• R Macleod & Son of Tain, covering the latest and best in sporting optics
• Antler measuring – learn what it takes to qualify for aGold, Silver, Bronze medal
• Why not bid for Highland stalking lots covering:
o Red deer hinds
o Red deer stag
o Bidding limited to Highland Field Sports Fairand will close on Saturday
You can now get a flavour of the Deer journal online with the launch of Digital Deer, a web based magazine accessed via PC, laptop or smartphone. The flip-HTML publication will have quarterly updates to match with Deer journal and besides current news and articles will feature interesting material from past Deer journal issues.
Digital Deer provides a snapshot of the Deer journal aimed at stimulating interest in deer, their ecology and management amongst a much wider public audience. However, for the exclusive benefit of BDS members, the latest detailed research and technical features will still only be published in the full printed Deer journal.
To see our first digital edition visit www.digitaldeer.co.uk