Planning permission has been submitted for a “dog field” in Rattray, which would allow owners to give their dogs a specially enclosed area where they can run off the lead.
Landowner Georgia Garside came up with the idea after at least three deer were killed on her farm by loose dogs.
A major road in Salford was closed while firefighters and RSPCA officers rescued a roe deer which had become trapped in a back garden.
They cornered the roe deer before covering his head with a pillowcase 'to stop him panicking' during the rescue.
BDS has a new deer management course on the 11-13 September 2019 at Northumberland College, Ponteland, Northumberland.
The BDS Deer Management course is tailored for stalkers, landowners and managers - the decision-makers dealing with deer management issues within a variety of habitats.
A runner was taken by surprise when a deer unexpectantly came out of bushes and landed right on top of her.
Karen Brewer suffered bruises to her ribs and right calf in the collision at Haldon Forest near Exeter.
However, Ms Brewer managed to get up and finished first in her age category in the annual Haldon Forest Park 10K on Sunday. The event was billed as a chance to "catch a glimpse of local wildlife".
Recently a deer was spotted and filmed playing with a football on a community pitch. Joseph Mackay spotted and filmed the stag in Lochinver in Sutherland.
Mr Mackay told the BBC he often sees five or six deer on the pitch.
There have been several recent news reports plus communications received by the BDS regarding deer sightings in urban areas.
On June 21st the Metro reported a stag was seen casually strolled through a housing estate in Fort William in the Scottish Highlands.
BDS was delighted to hear that at the recent Royal Cornwall Show our South West Branch was honoured to receive First Prize for Best Trade Stand.
There are dozens of Trade Stands at the show and to be singled out was indeed a huge honour.
BDS's Charles Smith Jones contributed to a recent article in The independent about how plastic waste from tourists has been responsible for the deaths of several deer in the Japanese city of Nara.
Regular readers of our newsletter Deerbytes may recall we recently covered this story, which has highlighted the danger plastic waste represents to wildlife.
The sika deer of Nara are sadly not the only ones to be affected by ingesting discarded plastic. Deer will frequently sample unusual items which can ultimately become the cause of their death and have been found later with items such as plastic bags and baler twine filling their stomachs. They can also entangle themselves in rope or netting which has been carelessly left lying around. Deer in parks or other places where they are habituated to hand feeding by humans are especially prone to eating unsuitable items.