WHO WAS JIM TAYLOR-PAGE
Jim Taylor- Page, was a founding member of the British Deer Society. A biology teacher who wanted a better deal for deer, which at the time the Society was formed were often regarded by farmers and foresters as vermin and had no protection in English law.
Jim Taylor-Page Trophy Recipients
- 2020 – Bob Holmes – Yorkshire Branch
Dedicated and continuing support of the BDS at a local and national level, for many years, held the role of Yorkshire Branch Chairman until retirement.
- 2019 – Ian Davidson – Highlands Branch
Considerable commitment, engagement and generosity in support of Highland Branch and of the British Deer Society over the years.
- 2018 – Mike & Joan Bagnowiec – West Branch
Joint award to Mike for his years as a committee member, Branch training officer and BDS course manager – and to his wife Joan for her unstinting BDS support over a considerable number of years, many as branch secretary.
- 2017 – Carmen Hocking – South West England Branch
Treasurer and secretary for her fundraising and tireless contribution.
- 2016 – Mike Cottam – Highlands Branch
Retiring secretary, long and distinguished service to deer, their welfare and management.
- 2015 – Norman Ball – North East England
Past branch chairman and secretary, long-standing committee member and unstinting volunteer.
- 2014 – Tom Brown – Northern Ireland Branch
President, responsible for setting up NI branch and continuing dedication as a Society officer assuming various roles of Branch chairman, secretary and training officer.
- 2013 – Ron Smith – Central Scotland Branch
Chair, and long term committee member and member, Vice Chair Scottish Council.
- 2012 – Gerald Alden – Yorkshire Branch
Long term committee member, outstanding work with education.
- 2011 – William Perrie – Central Scotland Branch
Long term committee member and trainer.
- 2010 – Elizabeth Halstead – Midlands Branch
Artist and long term member and sponsor of BDS.
- 2009 – Jon Jayes – Highlands Branch
Past secretary of BDS Photographic Committee & Highlands Branch Committee member.
- 2008 – Joan Brookes – Midlands Branch
Vice Chair, Midlands Branch treasurer, committee member and member for 40 + years.
- 2007 – Maitland Rankin – SW Scotland Branch
Branch President, past branch chair & committee member, Board member and Vice-Chair Scottish Council.
- 2006 – Roz Crawford – Chilterns Branch
Branch secretary and great supporter for many years.
- 2005 – Hugh Guillebaud – Wessex and West Branch
Past Board Member, past Vice-Chair EWAC & Branch Chair, Handbook 2005 coordinator/ part author.
- 2004 – joint award – Jimmy Oswald – NE Scotland Branch
Branch Secretary and Committee member for numerous years.
Derek Petrie – NE Scotland Branch
Branch treasurer & Committee member for numerous years.
- 2003 – Pat Leonard – West of Scotland Branch
Branch Chair for many years, early training delivery Scotland.
- 2002 – Peter Curtis – Chilterns Branch
Branch committee member and public education for many years.
- 2001 – Cliff & Di Bailey-Moore – Midlands Branch
Branch Chair and Secretary, long term show/education organisers, Branch Vice Presidents.